I know what you’re thinking, gluten free pancakes as dessert. Is that possible? My brother calls me crazy, but hey I call him crazy because he won’t even try them and he’s missing out.
It’s taken me quite a few tries but I think I’ve got the best recipe down and as per some requests, I’m sharing it. The recipe below will make 2 very generous pancakes or 4 minis, adjust accordingly for your needs.
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup of rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 very full tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 very full tbsp of almond butter
- 1 sprinkle of cinnamon
- Chocolate chips to taste
- Beat egg alone first.
- Add all other ingredients one by one, mixing thoroughly.
- Make sure the mixture has a thick consistency. If you feel it’s not thick enough, add a little more almond flour.
- The last step is the most important: place on a pan that has been heated but ONLY on low-med heat. It’s key to cook it slowly or only the outside will cook and the inside will be gooey. As with regular pancakes when it starts to bubble, watch and it will be ready to flip. Flip and cook evenly.
Note: these are a little more fragile than regular pancakes so be careful when flipping.
Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
PS- if you make them or have suggestions, let me know!